Trama Entertainment
You are not logged in yet.
Trama Entertainment
You are not logged in yet.
Trama Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums of the private GunZ Server: Trama Entertainment

PortalHomeVoteDownloadGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vote for us at Top private servers!!
Register
 Register
 Login
Download

Download

Register

Staff List
Owners:

Trama
Drama

Co-Owner:
Forean

Head Developer/Admin:
e1o14
Top posters
master690 (123)
How to make a realistic looking planet Vote_lcapHow to make a realistic looking planet Voting_barHow to make a realistic looking planet Vote_rcap 
iPod (114)
How to make a realistic looking planet Vote_lcapHow to make a realistic looking planet Voting_barHow to make a realistic looking planet Vote_rcap 
Relolol (103)
e1o14 (76)
Profanity (68)
Gossip (61)
Riku (57)
iFuture (56)
Christ (47)
slide (41)
Latest topics
» Predators captain Shea Weber returns to
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:11 am by Oceandeep

» Got Bored Cool Banner
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:10 am by Oceandeep

» (Item) [DEV] Oceandeep
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:38 am by Oceandeep

» Hello Blender Design Here<<<
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:19 am by Oceandeep

» 3 word story
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:18 am by Oceandeep

» Trama Good
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:16 am by Oceandeep

» Dudes u have to do this
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:13 am by Oceandeep

» Im Trama The mad PRO
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:11 am by Oceandeep

» My new Uber leet amazing avatar
How to make a realistic looking planet EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:03 am by Oceandeep

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 186 registered users
The newest registered user is blesnew

Our users have posted a total of 1048 messages in 133 subjects

How to make a realistic looking planet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
e1o14
e1o14
e1o14

How to make a realistic looking planet Empty
PostSubject: How to make a realistic looking planet   How to make a realistic looking planet EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:37 am

Welcome,
In this tutorial I'll show you how to make a realistic looking planet like this using photoshop:
How to make a realistic looking planet Wallpaper2

At first, we wanna make a new document. I'll take 1000x1000 (MUST BE A SQUARE) (dun look at the pic, I did it wrong )
How to make a realistic looking planet Step1-1

Then we'll make 2 layers and fill one with a blue color (#101b87), and the second one with a brown color (#7a3712).
How to make a realistic looking planet Step2-2

Add a layer mask to the second one and use Filter>Render>Cloud effect about 10-15 times. After that press Ctrl+L to go to the levels and move both arrows together that it looks like in the picture.
How to make a realistic looking planet Step3-2

Since water is brighter next to the land we wanna add an outer glow to the 2nd layer. Take these settings and the color i used is "#6fb8fb"
How to make a realistic looking planet Step4

Now we come to a quite difficult part. We wanna make it look realistic. TO do that, download this.

Place one of those pics in your picture and create a clipping mask (right click on your layer > Create Clipping Mask. Now erase with a big soft brush (i used 200px) the edges to make it look smooth.
How to make a realistic looking planet Step5-1

Cover your whole picture with mountain and ground pictures, till there is nothing brown any more.
How to make a realistic looking planet Step6-1

To make the water we're going to load water pictures between the blue and the brown layers, and erase the parts you don't like:
How to make a realistic looking planet Step7-2

The next step will be merging all layers. Now go to Filter > Distort > Spherize and amount 100.
Now cut it out. Mine looks a bit streched cause I didn't make a square in begin =/
How to make a realistic looking planet Step8-1

Now, to make it a wallpaper, create a new document (I pick 1920x1080) and paste in your planet.
The background will be a gradient of levels of grey. Set the blend mode of your Planet to Luminosity.
How to make a realistic looking planet Step9-1

Now take an eraser of about 900px soft brush and erase a part of your planet.
How to make a realistic looking planet Step10

Now create a new layer over your planet and fill it black. Use Filter > Render > Lens Flare and the settings like in the picture. Set it to lighter color and move it where you want.
How to make a realistic looking planet Step11

Now go to Color Balance and use these settings: (you also can change them if you wish to.)
How to make a realistic looking planet Step12

Finish !!!
How to make a realistic looking planet End

Hope you enjoyed this and it helped you.
Credits go to
labtech for teaching me
me for writing and picturing

P.S.: If you made a wallpaper like this, please post the outcome Smile
Back to top Go down

How to make a realistic looking planet
Page 1 of 1